|1993-1999||Study of Hydrology (Dipl.) at Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg, Diploma 1999 with soil science and geology as minors. 1999: Senior Scientist at Institute of Hydrology, Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg|
|2000-2002||PhD at IMK-IFU: „N and C trace gas exchange and calculation of a N2O emission inventory for tropical rainforest ecosystems of Australia“. Research stay at Tropical Forest Research Centre (CSIRO), Atherton, Australia. 2003: PhD in natural sciences Albert-Ludwigs Universität Freiburg|
|since 2003||Senior Scientist at IMK-IFU|
|2004||Honorary Research Associate of the CRC for Greenhouse Accounting, Australia.|
- Feedback of global environmental changes on terrestrial ecosystems and biosphere-atmosphere-exchange of environmental important trace substances (N2O, NOx, CH4, CO2)
- Measuring and mechanistic modelling of C and N turnover and associated matter fluxes in natural and managed ecosystems
- (Further-) Development und Calibration of complex biogeochemical models by use of Bayesian methods, uncertainty assessment and uncertainty Quantification
- Calculation of emission inventories of biogenic trace substances on regional and global scales
- Lectures and tutorials in “Tropical Forests and Global Change” and „Biogeochemical Cycles and Bioshere-Atmosphere-Exchange“ at the Faculty of Forest and Environmental Sciences, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg.
- Lecturer at „Summer School on Biosphere-Atmosphere Exchange of Radiative Active Trace Gases, Xishuangbanna, China.
- Lecturer at Summer School „Methods to study microbial nitrogen turnover and the formation of greenhouse gases.